Mission – To nourish the mind, body and spirit, by way of engagement, resource sharing, education, advocacy, and hope.
Vision – Create community, with joy and purpose, to connect, nourish and love all seniors
About Bonita Senior Center
The Bonita Senior Center is a focal point of Bonita Springs for programs designed for older adults. Our mission is dedicated to promoting healthy and active lifestyles for adults 50 and better through quality programs and services. We also stand as a foundation for older adults to live their lives with independence and dignity for as long as possible in their own homes. Center programs include education, health screenings, exercise and wellness programs, travel, social activities, computer training, nutritionally balanced congregate senior lunch program.
Not only does the center assist you in your everyday life, it also sets as a background for new friendships to begin and existing ones to flourish!
Why the Bonita Senior Center is a Vital Resource
- It offers innumerable opportunities for regular social interaction making seniors less vulnerable to depression, isolation and loneliness
- It is a special place where community is found and friendships are formed
- It provides opportunities for lifelong learning and education
- It helps maintain independence
- Involvement in programs and services such as those offered by the Senior Center are known to delay the progress of disabilities and institutionalization.